Subject: Re: Printing.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@vsys.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/1999 15:45:18
> (Is this a hunch, or do you know a reason why this might be?)
If the filter thinks that the job has finished then it might start the next
prematurely which would overrun the end of the first job.

> Does this mean that you could use lprm on at least one queue?  Or that,
> like me, you had to manually remove the files from /var/spool/...?  (If
> you could delete from your primary printer's queue, were you also aware
> that lprm takes a ``-P'' command, exactly as does lpr?  Not that it ever
> helped me...*grin*)
I could definately do a lprm -Praw job but if the printer had started
processing a bit field line then it would no longer be in a stable state.

Usually running lptest would provide enough data to get back into "sane"
mode.

Alex.