Subject: Re: Printing.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/1999 16:34:00

> I think that this may be related to the next bit...

(Is this a hunch, or do you know a reason why this might be?)

 [...I SHOULD have said, "The only oddity, that I know of, is..."]

> I used to have this set up. I had two printers raw and ps. As you can
> probably guess the raw printer was for just regular type jobs like
> listings. I had the ps printer send the stuff through ghostscript and
> then send the output back into the raw queue.
>
> I would have liked the ability to cancel jobs but I sort of had this
> behaviour because I could remove the job from the raw queue. Although
> if I was printing a ps file then I could leave the printer in a
> strange state.

Does this mean that you could use lprm on at least one queue?  Or that,
like me, you had to manually remove the files from /var/spool/...?  (If
you could delete from your primary printer's queue, were you also aware
that lprm takes a ``-P'' command, exactly as does lpr?  Not that it ever
helped me...*grin*)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu