Subject: Re: Just installed - want to PPP
To: gsjarvis <100331.2702@compuserve.com>
From: Tom Harvey <tah@san.rr.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/1999 00:52:08
At 02:01 PM 2/11/99 -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>gsjarvis <100331.2702@compuserve.com> writes:
>> I've just installed my NetBSD 1.3.2 (credits: Gateway! Volume 3)
>>
>> Now I want to configure pppd (etc) for connection to my ISP (CompuServe).
>>
>> Can anyone give me (or point me at) a set of (step by step) instructions?
>
>It is pretty easy. "man pppd", and see if there is anything there you
>don't understand...

but Compu$erve presents special challenges. to send your hostname / username / password, you need to set your serial port to 7 bits even parity. chat doesn't provide much help for this.

i suppose there is a clever way to deal with this, but i don't know what it is. after flailing around a bit, i gave up and got a cable modem...