Subject: 1.3.3 ide patch update
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/1999 18:19:28
Hi,
I've updated the IDE patches for 1.3.3 in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/ide-1.3.3
to integrate the last -current improvement. The main change is the support
of the Acer labs M5229 IDE Controller (Aladin chipset ?) found on some
new super socket 7 motherboards (asus ...). I also updated the README to
match currently supported hardware.

Nothing important changed in the diff file, you can just add the entry
for ALI M5229 in sys/dev/pci/pcidevs and rerun 'make' in sys/dev/pci/
if you don't want to start from a clean tree again (the diff file
should now have correct paths and apply cleanly :).

As usual, please report failures, so that we can try to solve the problem :)