Subject: Csound and NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <czyz@u.washington.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/06/1999 13:27:42
Has anyone out there figured out how to get csound to compile on
NetBSD?

Does anyone even use this program? It's difficult to figure out which
version is the latest, my best guess is the one found at
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/music/Man/c_front.html

If anyone can help me get this program to work under NetBSD, please
send me an email. I haven't had any luck, but I don't want to flood
this list with detailed compilation errors if no one is interested in
either using this program or helping me port it.

>From the Csound FAQ at
http://music.dartmouth.edu/~dupras/wCsound/Csound.faq.1.02.html

   Csound is a software synthesis package in the tradition of
   so-called music-N languages, among which the best-known is Music V.

   It consists of an orchestra- and score-driven executable, written in C
   for portability.

   Since Csound is a computational language, it is highly flexible and
   efficient; complexity is gained only at the expense of computation
   time.

   Basically Csound reads some files and creates the result as a
   soundfile on disk or, on faster machines, realtime
   through a DAC.

Thanks.
-Zach Fine
czyz@u.washington.edu