Subject: Re: ne1: device timeout (Sorry)...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/03/1999 21:19:30
On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 03:11:15PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Both ep1 and ne1 uses IRQ 10. IRQ sharing on ISA is generally a bad thing
> (althouh there are specifig configs where it may work). I don't know
> for EISA ...
>
> Try changing one of your board to use another, free IRQ.

True, but don't forget that the ne2000 board may not have been at IRQ 10
in the first place. The kernel wants it to be at IRQ 10, but the ne
driver can't automagically find out at what IRQ the board is. So it
might be at, say, 0x300 IRQ 11, but the driver would still try 10
becaue the GENERIC kernel wants it.

To be simple: if you just configure the ne2000 card to be at
port 0x280 irq 9 things should be ok. Provided that nothing else has
IRQ 9.

- Frank