Subject: urgent, help!
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ye Chen <yec@bruce.engr.ucf.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/1998 17:08:03
Hi everybody:

This is ye chen, a student in ECE University of Central Florida, Orlando,
FL. Now I am installing the NetBSD, I encounter some problem with the
Ethenet card. I will install the netbsd on a pc( 100 MHZ, DELL, 1G), I
decide to install it via network. I download the package on other pc. I
use the 3com 905b -tx PCI fast ethenet card. When I use the netbad boot
floopy to boot the system, I found the card has not been properly
detected. From the document, the ethenet card should have been supported
by the version I used( netbsd 1.3.2). Anybody who has such experience
can do me a favor to share your precious experience with me about using
this type ethenet card.

Because the ethenet card can not function properly, so I change to another
type ethernet card:

Intel EthenetExpress PRO/100B PCI Ethenet card.

the card is properly detected and device  is: fxp0
however when I use it to install the netbsd via network, it does not
work( I mean, when I choose ftp to install, after I enter, there has no
response , I wait a long time, and the network card is working from the
indicator light). I have no idea about it. the IP and other network
configute data should be correct. If you know the problem, Please e-mail
me. Great thanks

You kind help is highly appreciated. I am looking forward to receiving
your message.

Best regards
Merry Chrismas

ye chen

ye  chen
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Central Florida
mail address:12001 Solon Dr. #201
             Orlando  FL  32826
Tel: (407) 380-0720