Subject: Re: modern version of PGP for NetBSD?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: None <sudog@dcss.douglas.bc.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/28/1998 00:11:46
Uhh....

1) The version of 5.0i (and 5.5i for that matter) is perfectly legal and
is exported legally from the states. It can be "used in almost any country
in the world," according to www.pgpi.com.

2) I just generated a 2.x-style RSA-based public/secret keypair that work
fine with 2.x .. what versions are you talking about..? 5.x(i) works
perfectly with 2.x version of PGP. I refuse to use anything but the
international version for this type of reason alone.. The only thing I
can't do is share a diffie-hellman key with an old 2.6-user.

marc tooley
sudog@dcss.douglas.bc.ca
p.s. even though 5.0 is available from pgpi.com, there really isn't a
reason to use it..  why bother with annoying restrictions?