Subject: Re: tcp_wrapper
To: Charles M. Hannum <nathan@rtfm.net>
From: Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/1998 21:54:07
On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 05:04:19PM -0400, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> > Am I missing something? tcp_wrapper seems to be installed in NetBSD-1.3.2
> > by default, but there is no tcpd, tcpd.8, or any mention of it in inetd.conf.
>
> You don't need an external program; the functionality is built into
> inetd.  Just edit /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny.

Pretty cool! Also, NetBSD's inetd seems to be compiled with the extended
language option by default--it lets you specify many different actions to
take for each line (twist, exec, etc.) and lets you condense the two files
into one with ALLOW and DENY commands. If anyone is unfamiliar with these,
I suggest you take a look at hosts_options(5).

Thanks for the reply!

--
  / Nathan Dorfman \  / "`IE4 brings the web to UNIX'? *laughing*