Subject: Quake II query...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/29/1998 20:16:48
Hi, all.

I've finally gotten Quake II going, using Linux emulation, and I've got a
couple questions... Can someone who's got it working properly tell me:

1) What's the correct mode for the executable?
2) How can I make it so that I can save and load games? Making a directory,
  /emul/linux/quake2/baseq2/save/current and making it mode 0777 allows me
  to use the "save game" option without any error messages, but I can't seem
  to either name the game I'm saving *or* successfully load the game once
  I've managed to... um... save it. Things *are* being entered into the
  "save/current" directory, so... Um... :/

Thanks in advance for the information. If I manage to get it figured out
myself, I'll post the solution. The game is a blast, and it's nice having
a mostly cutting-edge game going on my system at last. I don't play games
that often, but when I want to, I've had no outlet for my cravings. Until
now... :)

Later...

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.dyn.ml.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments