Subject: RE: Differential SCSI?
To: Alex Barclay <alex@vsys.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/1998 22:39:28
[ On Tue, June 30, 1998 at 09:59:38 (-0600), Alex Barclay wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: Differential SCSI?
>
> So the next question is... Can you get a single ended to differential
> converter for the bus?  If so then you could run more common single
> ended stuff inside the chasis where cable lengths are short and then
> differential to external enclosures where these cheap drives are?

You could do this, I suppose, and a quick search on Hotbot shows lots of
them available, though at a cost comparable to another host adapter.

> Does anyone have an electrical spec for SCSI so I can see how difficult this
> would be?

You could buy the specs from IEEE, but there's an on-line copy of the
last public draft that's available.  Check the SCSI FAQ.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>