Subject: Re: arp info overwritten ???
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/09/1998 16:08:47
hmm.  my machine has been up for 2 days with nothing else on
that network.  I have 2 network cards.  1 for the cable
modem and 1 for my home network (which currently consists
of only 1 machine)

Is there some sort of mac address query,
ie, can I do

magic_command 00:40:05:59:8f:dd

and see if someone on the cable modem side tried to use 10.0.0.1
and if so who they really are?