Subject: Running povray on NetBSD?
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/22/1998 22:47:17
Does anyone use povray under NetBSD here? I recently compiled povray for
NetBSD/vax but I'm experiencing some serious problems with it.  Shortly
into the process of rendering a scene, povray crashes with a SIGSEGV.
Pulling it up in gdb and snooping around a little I find that there's a
problem during the dereferencing of a chain of pointers to a function.
Yay, fun.

Delving into povray's code has proved interesting as they warp C into
behaving somewhat like an object oriented language.

I have yet to compile this under NetBSD on another platform so I don't
know if it's VAX specific.  If anyone here has had success or even "no
success" with povray under NetBSD, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

-brian.
---