Subject: ctsrts and pppd
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/1998 13:10:13
I recently upgraded a machine to 1.3 and am now trying to get pppd
running again (worked fine with 1.2.1) on my client.  If I do not set
the rtscts flag in /etc/ttys, pppd gets the connection just fine.  If
I simply add the rtscts flag and reset the line with ttyflags, pppd
dumps the connection after it logs in successfully.  Somewhere in the
early part of the protocol negotiation it seems like the RTS line goes
down on the modem which of course prevents the server from responding
to ICP config messages.  Any ideas where to look for the problem?

Cheers,
Brook