Subject: xpdf-0.7a ?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/1998 12:04:01
Has anyone else been using xpdf-0.7a?  It compiles ok and I can
view some pdf files with it, but on many (most?) pdf files, I
get a segmentation violation.  I've spoken some with the author
and debugger output shows that the instruction its crashing on
is getting called with valid arguments.

The Xlib function the program chokes on is XPolygonRegion()

The conclusion so far is one of the following:

>1. There's a bug somewhere in xpdf that's corrupting memory that Xlib
>uses.

>2. There's a bug in the Xlib on your system.

I am trying this on a stock mac68k 1.3 system.

FWIW, I have compiled the program and it runs find on a solaris 2.5 sparc and
the author of the program has it working fine under linux.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Dan