Subject: netscape for netbsd
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Clifford Wright <cliff@snipe444.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/1998 23:26:36
kevinc@obelix.premium.com.au said:
> but perhaps the easiest to work with are the BSD1.1/2.1 Netscape
> binaries, as they involve only the addition of an "options
> COMPAT_NOMID" line in your kernel config file, then a recompile.

I was able to use the BSDI 2.1 with the generic 1.3 kernel for i386, however
when recompiling the option COMPAT_12 was needed for syscall 189, and
COMPAT_43 was required for syscall 89(i.e. both syscalls were used by
Netscape).
Also the Netscape source release is still scheduled for March 31. I hope
Lesstif can be made to work for a native version of Netscape.
	Cliff Wright