Subject: Install C-news on NetBSD 1.2.1
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pfwong <pfwong@nettestca.gn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/1997 12:03:51
Sorry to ask a beginner's question regarding C-news here because this is
the first time I try to install a news server in a NetBSD machine. I
have downloaded a file c-news.tar.Z from ftp.cs.toronto.edu. I untar the
file and follow the install instructions to run quiz first and enter the
default values except no NFS. When I run make I got errors and it stops.
The followings are Error Messages:

util/touchlock: unchanged
util/unlock: unchanged
touch conf/substs.done
: A mysterious fatal error here probably means you gave quiz the
: wrong answer when it asked you how to do an include in a makefile.
cd conf ; make mx
.
.
.
==== include:
cp sys/timeb.fake sys/timeb.h
cp ../libdbz/dbz.h dbz.h

==== libc:
make: don't know how to make ascingmtime.o. Stop
*** conf/inall terminated
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Could anyone please tell me or point me to a location that has
information on how I can install C-news properly into my NetBSD machine?
Is there any precompiled version of C-news for NetBSD I can download? I
heard that there is another package INN which serves the same purpose.
Does anyone know where I can download an INN version for NetBSD?
Any comments are much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Pui Wong				E-mail:pfwong@nettestca.gn.com
					Tel: 905-479-8090
GN Nettest (Canada) Inc			Fax: 905-475-6524