Subject: Re: rcmd: socket errors
To: None <awilliams@ewi.com>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/10/1997 13:00:41
>Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 09:06:36 -0700
>From: Aaron Williams <awilliams@ewi.com>

> I have NetBSDi386 installed and running smoothly for 6months
>or more and yesterday I get this error when trying to rcp from
>any user account other than root.
>
>rcmd: socket: Operation not permitted
>
>What is missing in my setup that will allow root to perform remote
>copies but not any other users?

We need some more information before we can help you.  What version of
NetBSD are you running?  Have you recently updated your sources,
kernel, or userland?  Changed any files in /etc?

If you ktrace(1) the rcp command, you may be able to see why you're
getting this error.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel