Subject: Re: Serving HP JetDirect Printers (Was: which printers will work?)
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/1997 10:57:52
Bob Beck wrote:
[Lots of useful advice for avoiding eternity with him (which I snipped)]
>               You can either doodle in the ip address on the front
> panel (slow, but effective) or use bootp from a bootp server on your
> unix machine to set up the printer's IP address.

Beware also that Jetdirect cards are very fussy when it comes to bootp
(and dhcp).  It appears that some revisions sulk or just ignore replies
with (what they consider to be) the wrong fields, or field orders, or
packet length!

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.