Subject: Re: Anyone w/working "top" command on -current?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Santiago de la Paz <garnett@suod.cs.colorado.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/1997 08:48:20
> But on my linux machine using the linux termcap/terminfo-entry
> (dunno whichone top uses) the program runs ONE time.
>
> That means you get one ps-listing and one load and memory
> statistic. Then it exits silently.
This is normal behavior when, among other things, the controlling session
is not attached to a particular pty: top figures you want to see the system
stats but it can't do any curses() work, so it prints one display normally
to stdout.  Since it can't update, it does no more.

I don't know, but I suspect that this may also be the case if there are
problems with the termcap entry.

~james