Subject: Re: Anyone w/working "top" command on -current?
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Volker Schmidt <volker@Illuminatus.MZ.Rhein-Main.DE>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/15/1997 07:08:00
On 1997-05-14 17:16, Rick Byers wrote:

> I've got top-3.3.  I assume you mean top-3.4?

Yep. Same setup (top-3.4 using netbsd10-config).

> What error is it giving you?

Ooops. I should be more specific! I've made some investigations
last evening. No error in compiling and installing. But while
running I run in some troubles concerning the screen control
of top.

I use top on a Sparc LX with NetBSD-current from the snapshot
lying around on ftp.NetBSD.org. On xterms and on my VT420
console everything is very fine. Top does it's job.

But on my linux machine using the linux termcap/terminfo-entry
(dunno whichone top uses) the program runs ONE time.

That means you get one ps-listing and one load and memory
statistic. Then it exits silently.

Strange, huh. I assume a promblem in the screen handling of
the linux termcap/terminfo-entry.

tschö,
--volker
--
PGP key: <mailto:pgp-public-keys@keys.de.pgp.net> Subject: GET 8F679A35

UNIX is friendly, but it chooses it's friends!