Subject: Re: Sources for xanim package
To: Tom Pavel <PAVEL@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/1995 21:35:20
On Thu, 5 Oct 1995, Tom Pavel wrote:

> On ftp.netbsd.org (when it was last up) I got a binary "package" file
> (i386) for XAnim 2.69.7.8.  I was wondering if anyone had the sources
> that go with this version.  I wanted to compile in the audio support
> which seems to be missing from the package.  [BTW, I do know where the
> latest XAnim sources are, but that version doesn't work on the
> Quicktime movies that I have... Sigh]
>
> Thanks for any pointers,
>
> Tom Pavel

This version of XAnim was pulled because Cinepac received a patent for
their Quicktime compression and asked the author to remove it
(unfortunately, Cinepak compression is very good so most Quicktimes use
it).  The author recently made available a precompiled object for Cinepak
compression for SunOS only, so you'll have to make arrangements for him,
if you'd like to see a NetBSD version.  For the latest XAnim news, go to:

http://www.portal.com/~podlipec/home.html

     Jake Hamby                         |   E-Mail:  jehamby@lightside.com
  Student, Cal Poly University, Pomona  |   System Administrator, JPL