Subject: Re: Any internet service provider I could use for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex R.N. Wetmore <alexw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/31/1995 11:39:10
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.netbsd-users: 31-Aug-95 Any
internet service provid.. by Kang H. Lee @ix.netcom.c
> I am sorry if this is a FAQ, but is there any cheap internet service
> provider that offers PPP or SLIP connection?  Right now I am using
> Netcom on Windows 3.1, but I would like to use NetBSD to connect to the
> service provider.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You should look on alt.internet.access-wanted (i think that is the newsgroup).
Most major cities and suburbs have a number of options at this point.  In
Seattle, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia (the three cities that I've lived in
since the beginning of the summer) there seem to be places that will offer
$20/month for 3 to unlimited hours per day (depending on the provider) for
SLIP or PPP.

alex