Subject: Re: telnetd vs. NCSA telnet 2.6
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@atria.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/30/1995 11:24:15
>>>>> "Greg" == Greg Earle <earle@isolar.tujunga.ca.us> writes:

Greg> When I telnet to a NetBSD 1.0 system from my home Mac via NCSA
Greg> Telnet 2.6, I get the initial banner message:

Greg> 	NetBSD/i386 (ias-pc) (ttyp1)

Greg> And here it sits.

I see this sort of thing all the time, from a "modern" UNIX telnet
client to several different NetBSD telnet daemons.  I suspect it's a
timing issue of when local linemode gets turned on--it acts as if a line
or two from the remote side is getting discarded.  I also miss lines on
occasion when entering or exiting line-at-a-time editing (e.g. typing to
my CBREAK-mode tcsh, then running the 'ed' editor, then exiting and
returning to tcsh ).

==John