Subject: mtree "optional" keyword
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ed Symanzik <zik@enoch.cl.msu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/1995 22:10:46
  When I installed NetBSD I found mtree to be quite handy as I wasn't
sure how permissions should be set on everything.  It would be nice if
mtree ran cleanly on a newly installed machine.  Also, I didn't want to
install anonymous ftp or news at first but I didn't want to loose the
permission information.  I could have saved those portions of the
config file for when I did install them, but what if I forgot?

  So, I've added an "optional" keyword to the config file.  If the
anonymous ftp directory doesn't exist, it is ignored.  However, if
I do create the directory, mtree will make sure I get the permissions
right.

  Does anyone else think this is useful?  Is it something I should
submit and how would I do that?

--
Ed Symanzik
zik@enoch.cl.msu.edu