Subject: Re: 486 machines that don't (always?) reboot
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@cloud9.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@melb.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/1995 09:56:31
> Actually, this might have something to do with the BIOS on some PCI
> motherboards.  I hve an SP3G (with an AMD processor) which not only won't
> reboot from NetBSD, but won't reboot from Novell DOS or OS/2, either.  I
> don't know why.  I've also heard people complain about this with some of
> the newer DEC PCI machines.  FWIW, the SP3G uses the Award BIOS; I don't
> know about the Vectra or the DEC machines.

That's ironic really. An older Award bios on a VLB/ISA board of mine has
this problem, but the SP3G I just bought to replace it does NOT have the
problem.
It's probably due to a combination of the BIOS rev and possibly some of
the support chips (although I doubt the latter.)

--
Luke Mewburn                          UNIX Technical Support
<lm@cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>              CPR Project, ITG