Subject: Re: NetScape for netbsd-0.9a
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@panix.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/19/1995 21:23:08
> From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
> To: "Gerry Simmons Jr." <simmons%darykon@nwnexus.wa.com>,
>         netbsd-users@netbsd.org

> > I'm in rather desparate need for a copy of netscape built for NetBSD-0.9a.
> > Would some kind soul either E-mail it to me or let me know where I can get
> > it? Thanks in advance. :^)
>
> I don't have one, but some days ago someone postet that he has compiled Arena
> for NetBSD/amiga, which works quite nicely. Try getting Arena (somewhere ;).

Arena's sources are not (yet?) freely distributable. A NetBSD version
of Arena should be available RSN from the Arena distribution web
page (http://www.w3.org/pub/arena), but until then, you can get it
from sipb.mit.edu in /pub/jhawk/arena-0.95b. This is a 1.0 binary
compiled against X11R6; I imagine this won't do for 0.9a.

What's necessary to compile a 0.9a-compatible binary under 1.0?
Static linking? Other things?

--
John Hawkinson
jhawk@panix.com