Subject: Re: Virtual TTYs in NetBSD 1.0
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/16/1995 21:32:00
Ken Hornstein writes:

> What if you use one window manager, and your wife uses another?

> What if you want to use completely different X authority information betweeen
> the two sessions?

> Heck, what if you want the two X sessions to be under two completely different
> UID's?

I guess I'd try to solve the problem with hardware.  Perhaps an X terminal
or a cheap used Sun.  Recently, someone was selling used SPARC SLCs in
misc.forsale.computers.workstations for $75 with no disk.  Add a small
disk and NetBSD, and away you go.  An old Sun 3 with a color monitor would
also make a good xterm.

Just my 2 cents.
--

Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  rmk@bedford.progress.com  rmk@tencats.tiac.net