Subject: Re: /dev/lkm
To: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
From: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/1995 18:37:59
> > Should I be including a device line in the config file?

> no.  you need to be using "options LKM".

Yes, I needed to do a "make clean" as Ken suggested.  It works now.

> > I'm using unpatched 1.0.

> on what architecture?  LKM support was included in the 1.0 generic
> kernels, at least on the i386.  (i dunno about on the other archs.)

I have the sample config files for the i386 architecture taken directly
from the 1.0 kernel source distribution.  Now that I look at them, some
of the sample configs (BOAT_ANCHOR, PAIN, PATEK, and TRINITY) contain
an "options LKM" line.  However, the config files ALL, GENERICAHA, and
GENERICBT don't.  I used the ALL file as a model when I configured my
own kernel which led to problems with a defective pms0 device line that
was also in ALL.

Wayne Berke