Subject: Re: Accelerated-X on NetBSD.
To: None <peterb@telerama.lm.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/21/1995 19:43:30
   Because the XFree86 support for my videocard is very
   weak, I'd like to use the AcceleratedX server from XInside.  Email to them
   resulted in a "We don't have a NetBSD version because there's no place for
   us to advertise.  If we had that, we'd announce and release it."

That's a lie.  I told Mr. Chatfield that if there were a port that I
would help him advertise it.  He then proceeded to send me an
announcement of a beta test version *that didn't run on NetBSD* that
he apparently wanted to canvas NetBSD users with.

My offer is still open, but I refuse to implicitly endorse products
that don't even run on NetBSD.

(The story actually gets much worse, but I'm already straying from the
topic of the list.)