Subject: problem with HP 35480 DAT
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/10/1994 20:36:13
I am trying to connect an HP 35480 DAT to my NetBSD 1.0 (i386 on a
486DX2-66, BT445C SCSI) system.  The SCSI code picks it up at LUN 5.
I insert a tape the lights flash green and then it ejects the tape.
attempts to access the drive at st0 or rst0 yield a "not ready" error
(obviously, there's no tape :) and this on the console log:

st0(bt0:5:0): not ready
st0: not ready

If anybody has any ideas what I might be doing wrong I'd appreciate
hearing from you.

thanks,
dave

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious