Subject: Re: Announcing the release of NetBSD 1.0
To: None <andrejp@luz.fer.uni-lj.si, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/14/1994 10:10:13
>Date: Sat, 12 Nov 1994 11:43:48 -0800
>From: Adam Glass <glass@NetBSD.ORG>
>
>> What docs would you then recommend for use with NetBSD? Is there
>> going to be a manual available for ftp with NetBSD covering
>> various issues that new users (and operators) could be intrested
>> in? If not.. which book would you recommend for reading instead?
>
>The O'Reilly books are still the best bet.  A general sysadmin book
>for BSD systems wouldn't hurt either.

I found the book described below to be very helpful when I started
with NetBSD.  It won't help you with installation, but I found it very
useful for other stuff (setting up /etc/printcap, &c.).  I cut the
description from "A Concise Guide to UNIX Books", a FAQL written by
sko@helix.net (Samuel Ko):

1. Title: Unix System Administration Handbook
   Authors: Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder and Scott Seebass
   Publisher: Prentice-Hall
   Edition: 1989
   ISBN: 0-13-933441-6
   Comment: **** Highly Recommended ****
            Classic, also known as the sys-admin Bible ...
            " an attempt to condense everything that a system administrator
              should know about UNIX into a single, easy-to-use volume "
            Source codes for programs listed (sa-book.tar.Z) can be
            obtained by anonymous ftp from boulder.colorado.edu (in
            /pub/sa-book) or oak.oakland.edu (in /pub/unix-c/sysadmin).

Mike Long                                         Mike.Long@Analog.com
VLSI Design Engineer                  (PGP 2.6.1 public key available)
Analog Devices, CPD Division
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));