Subject: Re: Trouble Getting NetBSD 1.0 to Route Packets
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
From: Ronald Khoo <ronald@cpm.COM.MY>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/05/1994 09:25:35
> IP packet forwarding is required to be disabled by default by some
> RFC (the number of which currently escapes me 8-).

RFC 1122 (Host Requirements, Communication layers),
section 3.1 (Introduction) says:                                             ......An Internet host that

                                             ......An Internet host that
      includes embedded gateway code MUST have a configuration switch to
      disable the gateway function, and this switch MUST default to the
      non-gateway mode.

Clear enough, I guess.

--
Me: Ronald Khoo  Food: Roti Chanai  Drink: Tea, weak, milky without sugar
In Malaysia: ronald@cpm.com.my  +60 3  241 5232  Computer Protocol Malaysia