Subject: Tuning problems?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Spiegelberg <gspiegel@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/30/1994 17:13:32
I just recently installed with the 10/25 stuff from ftp.iastate.edu.
Have a few questions.

1) I'm losing inodes & files with every bootup/shutdown.  Is there a
problem with the dir structs or fsck?

2) Possibily my problem with 1) is related to this.
When installing and I'm asked for the disk geometry should I give it
what it thinks it is or what the manual thinks it is?
I have a 1.02GB Micropolis SCSI (the 4110) and I thought the dim's
were 1002cyl, 64 heads, 32 sec/track.  The kernel states otherwise.

3) XFree 3.1 isn't quite cooperating either.  Possibly an oversight
on my part, but xdm can't start in the rc.local because I'm missing
a lib file.  Should it be started after ldconfig and should I have
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set somewhere in rc?  The file is there.

Out of curiousity...
4) What is the ie0 device?  I assume it's some flavor of network
card, but why does the boot floppy (kcaha) see it on my machine?
I don't see a network card.  Maybe it's a VR card.  :)

That's all for now.  Much appreciate any help offerred.

Greg
--
----
Greg "TwoTone" Spiegelberg		      SAIC UNIX Systems Admin Dude