Subject: Re: 1.0 features?
To: Ted Nolan SRI Ft Gordon <ted@ags.ga.erg.sri.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@alpha.bostic.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/1994 13:37:22
> I haven't really seen a list of new features for 1.0 yet, either here or
> in the newsgroups.  I realize it's not final yet, but does anyone know if
> 1.0 will have bounce buffers for ISA devices, so you can have more than 16M
> RAM?

there's a changes file, in NetBSD-current/doc/CHANGES on mirrors that
carry NetBSD-current.

no, there are no bounce buffers for ISA devices; we've found it very
hard to find the time to develop bounce buffers, when we (the
developers) will never use or test them.  If you'd like to implement
them, feel free, and i'm sure we'd be glad to give you some technical
help if necessary, to make sure the implementation is done 'the right
way'.

chris