Subject: Re: NFS crashes over PPP
To: None <owner-netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <staileyk@phobos.spacenet.com@phobos.spacenet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/11/1994 13:17:40
>These are the kind of steps I took once when I compiled an entire kernel
>for an Amiga on an A3000, connected via 14.4k PPP, and the source was on an old
>Sequent running Dynix 3.1.2NFS.  I forget what I set the timeout to, but
>I had wsize and rsize at 1024...Seemed to work OK...
>
>It took over 2 days, but the connection was reliable :-)

I'm building X11R6 over NFS over 14.4k slip from an HP 9000/897 HP-UX
system (connection gets 1700 bytes/sec sustained for over 30sec).

It really speeds up the build if you copy the include files to local
disk, since they would otherwise be copied over and over again.  This
might be useful for speeding up CD-ROM builds too.

Ken