Subject: Re: Re[2]: Setting the time.
To: None <winans@phebos.aps.anl.gov>
From: Eric S. Hvozda <ack@clark.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/1994 14:45:41
winans@phebos.aps.anl.gov sez:

> I just leave the time wrong for DOS...
> In my previous response I assumed you were not using or did not care
> about DOS.

Well it is unfortunate that some of us must use it at work everyday :-(

> Well, I suppose you could just let your NetBSD think it is in the
> pacific time zone and then it will have the right wall clock time.
> Otherwise, you will probably have to set the timezone in your
> conf/SYSTEM configuration file and rebuild the kernal.

I'm in Merryland, what I do is this:

*   leave off `dst` in my kernel config.
*   make the timezone 4 instead of 5 (this fixes the dst bug for me)
*   link /etc/local/time to the correct timezone (.../US/Esatern for me)

This works for me under current (16Apr).  In 0.9 dst worked right for me
and I never had to worry about it...