Subject: PPP on netbsd0.9
To: None <netbsd-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeffrey D. LaCoursiere <lacoursj@uprc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/18/1994 10:45:58
SUMMARY:

	The overwhelming response (percentage-wise at any rate) was to
pull the driver from netbsd-current.  At least two of the respondants
had already done this and made it work.  Another person mentioned pulling
the PPP package from

isfs.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp:/BSD/386bsd-0.1/unofficial/drivers/net/ppp-1.2.tar.Z

although had not tried it.  I sent email to the author of this package and
the response was basically "it has been ported into the -current release".
He also mentioned that ppp-1.3 should support NetBSD - possibly this package
could be built easily.  He did not mention a site for this version, so I
will try to locate it.

If I can't find the package, I will pull the sources from -current, build
them, test them, and post another summary with perhaps a procedure.

Many thanks to:

epiwrl!wrl.EPI.COM!kenh@uunet.UU.NET
glt@ugcs.caltech.edu
blymn@awadi.com.AU