Subject: Re: copyright of email
To: Scott Anderson <sander@rush.cc.edu>
From: Rob Shady <crt@tiamat.umd.umich.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/15/1993 17:40:40
> Way off the list topic, but its only reproduction restricted
> if you put a copyright disclaimer in your mail.
> While still copyright, its freely usable like gnu source code.

And being in the electronic form, the following statement is also true
(to some extent).

"Once another person's mail reaches my machine, it is physically stored in
my electronic bits, that I physically contracted via payment or some other
form of transaction, therefor, that person's mail becomes the property of
myself inherently, of which I mail do what I wish with."

Read some of the recent court cases from the EFF regarding employers snooping
through and firing people because of the contents of their mail...