NetBSD-Ports archive

RE: issues with LSI 9260

The config we have 4 x 2tb disk with raid10 setup on the lsi .. the disk
is configured using gpt

Im not seeing any errors in normal operation or on the kernel however
when we build a database we get these errors on the postgress logs

Block 1077542 of base/16391/24778
Block 848733 of base/16391/24777

These are certrans and certificate, respectively.

dd if=/data_local/cert63/base/16391/24778.16 of=badpage.certrans.63
bs=16384 count=1 skip=28966
dd if=/data_local/cert63/base/16391/24777.12 of=badpage.certificate.63
bs=16384 count=1 skip=62301

when we take off the lsi and connect a sata disk and use gpt to configure
the drive we are able to build the database with no page errors.

Derrick Lobo
VP, Network & Integrations

NA:  1-416-350-9660 ext 254
UK : +44 (0) 20 7107 0036 ext 254
Web: http://www.givex.com

Experience. Excellence.

Givex, an award winning provider of client acquisition and retention
programs.

Before printing this email please consider the impact on the environment
and help protect it.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This email contains information which may be
privileged, confidential or exempt or prohibited from disclosure under
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby NOTIFIED that any dissemination,
distribution, retention, archiving or copying of this message and/or the
contents thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error or in contravention of the above, please notify the sender
immediately.