Subject: Re: Xbox port
To: None <openbsd@softhome.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 03/18/2004 15:59:40
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, openbsd@softhome.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a port to the Xbox. So far I got a patched kernel with
> a ramdisk ready to be tested. I am still working on the bootloader. Is
> anybody
> else working on this? Is anybody interested in helping me? Since I don't
> know
> which is the regular procedure to start a new port and get it commited, I
> would like to know if I should start doing my work under a different
> /usr/src/sys/arch, or if I should just be using #ifdef XBOX all over the
> i386 port?

The rule of thumb question is: "Can you build a kernel that will boot on
an XBOX and also on a non-XBOX i386?"

If you can, without doing something really ugly, then XBOX is a kernel
config in arch i386.

If you can't, then XBOX should be its own arch.

Either way, you probably don't actually need (or want) #ifdef XBOX
anywhere.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods