Subject: Omron Luna/88k?
To: None <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey D. McMahill <jma7+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 05/14/1997 20:06:16
Has anyone tried porting NetBSD to the Omron Luna/88k?  If not,
would anyone other than me be interested?  (Has anyone other than
me even heard of such a machine??)

It has 4 (25MHz) Motorola 88100 processors, each with an 88200 MMU.

At least some of the Mach 3.0 source code is available, other than that
all I have is 88100/88200 specific documentation.
(The machines I have are running Mach 2.5, 2.6, and 3.0)

Has there been any work done on any 88k machines?  I saw an old post in the
archives about this, but no evidence that this got very far.

Also, is there any work being done with multiprocessor support in NetBSD?

Whats the best way to go about doing an initial port to a new machine
like this?

Thanks,

   -Jeff