Subject: Re: Ports?
To: None <netbsd-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 08/17/1996 16:39:36
>> I'm just curious about the NetBSD-project.  What more than the
>> current ports are planned?

> Other than [the PowerPC], I don't know of anybody else working on
> anything, but that doesn't mean that noone is working on it.

Well, I'm one of a handful of people theoretically working on a port to
the old black NeXT hardware, but it's been going verrrry slowwwwly;
AFAIK nobody even has anything that has enough marbles to print device
config messages.  Unless you are a serious kernel hacker and/or know
lots you can tell about the hardware, there is little you can do to
help.  (Except perhaps pay one or more of us so we can quit our day
jobs and work on it full-time, I suppose :-)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
		    01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D