Subject: Looking for a UNIX port for the MicroVax II
To: netbsd-ports <netbsd-ports@netbsd.org>
From: None <JALOCHA@chopin.ifj.edu.pl>
List: netbsd-ports
Date: 10/14/1994 17:22:00
I am looking into the possibility to install a UNIX operating system
on a (old ?) MicroVax II machine. We have two such machines and would
like to make have available for students as general network access machines.
We think UNIX is better for this purpose than the VMS.
The MicroVaxes are now without any operating system installed.
They worked in a VAX-cluster for some time and have been taken out.
The system to be installed needs to be carried on a tape.
Thus how about BSD UNIX ? Can one have it on a tape, ready to be installed
on a MicroVax ? What are the costs and other implications ?

Please respond directly to jalocha@chopin.ifj.edu.pl,
as I am not subscribed to this list.

Pawel Jalocha
Instytut for Nuclear Physics in Krakow