NetBSD-Java archive

Re: Problem with Nimbus in openjdk7

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Adam Hoka <ahoka%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using openjdk7 from pkgsrc as of today's sources, and
> it runs Netbeans very well, but i run into problems when i want to
> switch to the Nimbus look'n'feel:
>
> $ /opt/jedit/bin/jedit
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> sun.font.FontManager.getFontConfigFont(FontManager.java:3481)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> sun.font.FontManager.getFontConfigFUIR(FontManager.java:3601)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusDefaults.<init>(NimbusDefaults.java:134)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel.<init>(NimbusLookAndFeel.java:100)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:535)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:372)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.java:593)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.initPLAF(jEdit.java:3568)
> 1:56:51 AM [main] [error] jEdit:  at
> org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:438)
>
> The test application was jedit as it allows setting theme from a menu, bu i
> cant get working it with Netbeans
> or anything else either.
>
> Looking at the code it seems that something doesnt get initialized, but I
> couldnt find
> the code for the initialization itself.
>
> Any ideas?

Is there any more to that stack trace?  (a "cached by", for example?)

I also found some pretty recent threads about nimbus on the openjdk
site mentioning that it was still a target milstone for import and
that it had been imported as binary and then removed for lack of
sources, so I'm not confident in the current state.

I will have to try it on a remote jconsole to see if it saves any
bandwidth, though.  :)