NetBSD-Java archive

Re: freebsd java

Dear Matt,

I know a lot of people in here probably already knew this, but freebsd
seems to be pretty on-the-ball with java these days:
http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml

Does netbsd have contacts on the freebsd team for their patches or
other things to get this level of support into netbsd?

I don't know how it developed, but when I was involved with the FreeBSD Java porting effort back in 2001, there was pretty good contact between the NetBSD, OpenBSD and FreeBSD JVM hackers. I have seen a lot of #ifdef NETBSD and #ifdef OPENBSD go into the patch sets.

I have lost sight of the details of the porting effort in the past few years, so I don't know if the contact is still as good.

Perhaps you can contact Greg Lewis about this. He is the binding factor. His mail address is glewis at his domain: http://www.eyesbeyond.com/

--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster%kjkoster.org@localhost
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli