NetBSD-Java archive

sound with java in linux emulation?

Hi list,

As being a big FreeBSD fan for years as my Desktop-OS of choice I decided to
switch to NetBSD because its just so sexy on my Notebook :)
 - finally a OS in wich you really _can_ read the source's.
no hacked buches of code -- just nice designed.

But before getting off-topic:

I have the following problem with java in linux emulation:

I can hear no sound from java programs.
If i fstat at /emul/linux/dev/dsp i can see that java has opened the device and is
writing to it.
There are also no errors produced by java.
Other linux binaries like mpg123 are able to produce sound.

However after starting the java program audioctl -a reports play.error=1
could this be a hint?

Soundcard driver is auich (nForce4)

The problem occurs with (Sun) java 1.4.2 and 1.5 and under NetBSD-3 and CURRENT.

Thank you for any hints...