NetBSD-Java archive

Re: native jdk14 pkg in pkgsrc-wip@

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Marc Recht wrote:

Does this work for anyone? I am testing one of my swing apps, nothing

Yes, for web applications with Tomcat5. For this scenario it's stable.

        But not for all. I'm seeing a large tomcat many threaded app
        fail uner jdk14 but work fine under sun-jdk14 on the same box.

major plain swing and few threads, and its "locking up" after 20-30 sec

It's not that stable with Swing applications (there pthread related issues with the JDK).

of use. Box is 2.0_BETA from 2 weeks ago.

There are problems with the latest pthread_stack.c pullup and the JDK (see discussion on tech-userlevel@ about this).