NetBSD-Help archive

iwi setup problem / error

Hi List,

I'm new to netbsd (linux user). I installed the current release 4.0 on
my Laptop
(acer extensa 3002).
At the moment I try to set up my intel wlan 2200 chip successful.
I installed iwi-firmware3 package and rebooted.

# dmesg | grep iwi
iwi0 at pci2 dev 4 fuction 0: Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2200BG Mini-PCI
Adapter (rev. 0x05)
iwi0: interrupting at irq 10

The nwid and nwkey (128 bit wep key) can be set without error messages

# ifconfig iwi0 inet nwid xxx nwkey xxx
(I only get a debugmessage with the firmware version = 196608)

# iwictl iwi0 -r
Radio is ON

When using dhclient for iwi0 i get these messages:

iwi0: fatal error
iwi0: device configuration failed
iwi0: fatal error
iwi0: device configuration failed
iwi0: fatal error
iwi0: device configuration failed

Setting a fix ip address and ping the access point i get the error
Network down.
I dont know how to fix this or even where to start.

Regards,
Antonio