NetBSD-Help archive

Re: how to do locale and date?

On 28 feb 2008, at 00.23, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

snip date

How can I get "the locale's full month name" to be printed?

Can anyone share examples of what they use locales for on NetBSD in
default install?

You're doing it exactly right as far as I know (though I suppose "LANG" is the preferred variable)

The problem as far as I can see from my 3.1 install is that there simply aren't any messages for date, see /usr/share/locale/<base locale name>/LC_MESSAGES/*, where base locale name is the first bit of the locale,
like uk, fi, kr..

Maybe some kind people would translate base at least?

Staffan.

--
Staffan Thomen 1024D/7C7E2EF8
Sed quis custodied ipsos Custodes?